DAY 2, 17:00-21:15 (CET)
MODULE 2: CONGENITAL DEFORMITIES INCLUDING CLEFT: SURGICAL PLANNING AND PREVENTION OF SECONDARY DEFORMITY
Welcome to the AO CMF Online Masters Course—Mastering the Nose: Advanced Midface Concepts. This course is a four-day/four-module online course. Participants can choose between two times each day: 10:00–14:15 Central European time (CET) and 17:00–21:15 Central European time (CET).
On this page you can register for the afternoon session of DAY 2.
Topic: Congenital Deformities Including Cleft: Surgical Planning and Prevention of Secondary Deformity.
Important: This event is organized for the afternoon of the Central European Time (CET) zone. Starting times are: Zurich 17:00, San Francisco 8:00, New York 11:00, Sao Paulo 13:00.
Check your start time HERE
This program has been developed by Lynne Fryer, Ian Sharp, Amir Elbarbary, Nils-Claudius Gellrich, Sabine Girod, Majeed Rana, Patricia Stoor and Rüdiger Zimmerer. It is designed to give participants master-level insight into the complete treatment of the nasal region. There are 4 modules. Links to registrations for all modules can be found below.
Module 2 (4 hours 15 mins):
Experts focus on congenital deformities concerning the nasal region. Tips and tricks are shared in the holistic assessment of the deformity patient, support for patients and carers and timing of interventions from birth to adulthood will be addressed. Approaches to management of the unilateral and bilateral cleft nose and surgical techniques for primary and secondary management will be discussed and presented. Cases discussions and surgical videos are provided and panelists will discuss their own approaches to particular challenge areas in nasal surgery for congenital deformity. Learning objectives include:
- Analyze features of congenital nasal deformities
- Understand the impact of growth and implications of timing of interventions
- Formulate individual treatment plans
- Select and apply emerging technologies in all stages of patient management
- Describe key surgical steps in correcting congenital nasal deformities
- Evaluate and reflect on the patient outcome compared with the treatment plan
- Apply strategies to improve patient outcomes including secondary correction
- Apply concepts to prevent post-treatment secondary nasal deformities
- CME accreditation (applied for)
- Content relevant across specialties
- Program 65% interactive
- Access to the AO Foundation Virtual Congress
- AO Certificate
- World-wide expert faculty
Please note that on this page you only register for DAY 2, "Congenital Deformities Including Cleft: Surgical Planning and Prevention of Secondary Deformity".
In case you would
like to register for another day, please visit the AO Foundation Davos Courses 2020