DAY 4, 10:00-14:15 (CET)
MODULE 4: ABLATION AND RECONSTRUCTION: TREATMENT OF ABLATIVE DEFORMITIES IN HARD AND SOFT TISSUE
Welcome to the AO CMF Online Masters Course—Mastering the Nose: Advanced Midface Concepts. This course is a four-day/four-module online course. Participants can choose between two times each day: 10:00–14:15 Central European time (CET) and 17:00–21:15 Central European time (CET).
On this page you can register for the morning session of DAY 4.
Topic: Ablation and Reconstruction: Treatment of Ablative Deformities in hard and soft tissue.
Important: This event is organized for the morning of the Central European Time (CET) zone. Starting times are: London, 9:00; Zurich, 10:00; Mumbai, 14:30; Hong Kong, 17:00.
Check your start time HERE
This program has been developed by Lynne Fryer, Ian Sharp, Amir Elbarbary, Nils-Claudius Gellrich, Sabine Girod, Majeed Rana, Patricia Stoor and Rüdiger Zimmerer. It is designed to give participants master-level insight into the complete treatment of the nasal region. There are 4 modules. Links to registrations for all modules can be found below.
Module 4 (4 hours 15 mins):
Experts focus ablation and reconstruction concerning the nasal region. The program looks at implants in ablative nasal surgery. There is a review of skin cancers of the face with emphasis on the nose and discussion centers around strategies in targeted therapies (induction chemo, immuntherapy) and the expert panel will address ethnic considerations, Surgery vs. Episthesis, and quality of life. Learning objectives include:
- Review of skin cancers of the face with emphasis on the nose
- Evaluate surgical options in the management of skin cancer affecting the nose
- Comprehensively assess and diagnose (CT/MRI/CBCT) ablative deformities
- Formulate individual treatment plans (local/regional, microvascular free flaps vs prosthesis)
- Manage reconstruction including endo-nasal flaps and nose-lip defects in extended ablative surgery
- Describe indication for total rhinectomy
- Apply strategies in targeted therapy (induction chemo, immunotherapy)
- Manage treatment for osteoradionecrosis
- Apply strategies to improve patient outcomes including secondary correction
- Apply concepts to prevent post ablative and post radiated nasal deformities
- Manage complications
- CME accreditation (applied for)
- Content relevant across specialties
- Program 65% interactive
- Access to the AO Foundation Virtual Congress
- AO Certificate
- World-wide expert faculty
Please note that on this page you only register for DAY 4, "Ablation and Reconstruction: Treatment of Ablative Deformities in hard and soft tissue".
In case you would like to register for another day, please visit the AO Foundation Davos Courses 2020 website.