AOCMF is pleased to announce that the AOCMF Master Course- Orthognathic Surgery, Challenges and Controversies (with human anatomical specimens), will again be held at the Davos Courses 2019.
Led by Mike Leung and Ignacio Ismael García Recuero, this
four-day course focuses on state-of-the-art techniques and best
practices at a master's level in orthognathic surgery. Emerging
technologies and clinical controversies in orthognathics are addressed.
Using human anatomical specimens, surgical access techniques are
developed and chin wing, Le Fort I, and BSSO type Obwegeser osteotomies
are performed. Patient cases and outcomes are addressed with expert
faculty in small group discussions.
All activities are
moderated by expert faculty in a highly interactive learning
environment. Participants are encouraged to discuss the cases and
content in an open manner and to share their own experiences.
The first day will be new and will focus on Advances in 3D Planning and 3D Printing in CMF Surgery.
This additional new course day directed by Florian Thieringer and Sabine Girod addresses current, patient-specific, and practical applications of medical 3D printing and 3D planning in orthognathic surgery. The principles and advanced workflow processes from the lab to the OR are discussed in detail.
Practical exercises include 3D planning of patient-specific solutions and production of accurate patient-individualized 3D printed anatomical models. This innovative hands-on day is delivered using a combination of lectures, case discussions, and practical exercises. Participants will train in small groups on computers with cutting edge segmentation and virtual surgery planning software and 3D printers.
- The four-day course includes a wet lab (one full day with human anatomical specimens - 1 specimen per 2 participants)
- 1 full day of hands-on 3D computer planning, printing exercises
- Courses limited to 32 participants each with two participants per workstation
- Debates, lectures, and small group discussions
- Interactive sessions with expert faculty from around the world
- Exhibition and networking AO WORLD NIGHT
- European CME Accreditation (2018 courses awarded 19 points each)
- Course reception – meet the faculty of the courses
- Invitation to the Opening Ceremony