LECTURES ONLY REGISTRATION PAGE (DAY 2 - May 11, 2017)
Join the AOCMF European Forum on day 2 for an intense day of lectures, panel discussions and group learning. Diagnosis and management of facial asymmetry and the surgical and orthodontic aspects of facial asymmetry will be highlighted with lectures and discussions.
Lectures and discussions
· Growth and development of the symmetric and asymmetric face
· Facial asymmetry: the spectrum from normal to abnormal
· Diagnosis and 3D workflow for facial asymmetry correction
· Benefits of wafer-less maxillary positioning
· Facial asymmetry in cleft and CFM: surgical and orthodontic considerations
· Combined approach for mandibular hyperplasia, Mandibular elongation/condylar hyperactivity: diagnostics, timing of surgery
· Panel discussion on asymmetry cases
· Mandibular advancement surgery: Distraction versus BSSO
· BSSO or IVRO in correcting facial asymmetry
· Secondary treatment of malocclusions secondary to condylar trauma
· The malar osteotomy in the correction of facial asymmetry
· Peek implant, lip
· Current and future developments in computer assisted orthognathic surgery
· Computer assisted surgery for segmented maxilla osteotomies and genioplasty
· Computer-aided design and production of splints in orthognathic surgery
· Bimaxillary cases (including asymmetries): the sequencing of the surgery
· Castless planning in orthognathic surgery
Target participants: This course is aimed at fully qualified medical specialists in craniomaxillofacial surgery, orthognathic surgery and orthodontists. It is suited for those who have a special interest in computer-assisted surgery, and are involved in the management and surgical treatment of patients with dentofacial deformity, and facial asymmetry in particular. Both experienced orthognathic surgeons and beginning surgeons (early consultants) are welcome to enroll.
Information About the AOCMF European Forum
The AOCMF European Forum—Advances in Orthognathic Surgery is a two day course and brings together leading experts in the field of orthognathic surgery for two days of learning, practical exercises, and debates. Strong emphasis will be given to the workflow optimization for the correction of patients with facial asymmetry. The current workflow from preoperative imaging and cast-analysis to virtual modelling, prefabrication of surgical guides, and the use of intraoperative navigation will be demonstrated. Practical exercises involve computer based virtual planning, and hands-on sessions on 3D bone models.
Day one: Facial Asymmetry - Computer Planning and Workflow Optimization (with Practical Exercises)
Participants will be trained for virtually 3D planning surgical cases using planning software, model surgery on CMF bones and learn about intra-operative navigation. Routine orthognathic cases but also facial asymmetric cases will be analyzed and planned.
Practicals are limited to only 40 participants (2 persons per workstation in small groups)
Day two: Facial Asymmetry - Surgical and Orthodontic Aspects (with Cases and Panel Discussions)
This is an intense day of lectures, panel discussions and group learning. Surgical and orthodontic aspects of facial asymmetry will be highlighted with lectures and discussions.
Accreditation: An application has been made to the UEMS-EACCME® for CME accreditation for participation in the full 2 day AOCMF European Forum only.
The Full 2 day course registration is available at: AOCMF European Forum-Orthognathic Surgery