This 4-day intensive course comprise a combination of lectures and hands-on practical exercises using freshly frozen human anatomical specimens.
The course will cover:
Approaches to the upper face
- Coronial flap, galeal flap, and alvarial bone graft
Approaches to the temporomandibular joint
- Preauricular approach, retromandibular approach, and transparotid approach
Approaches to the orbit
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty, transcaruncular approach with extension, repositioning of the medial canthal ligament, and canthope
Facial nerve and parotidectomy
- Facial nerve dissection, parotidectomy with preservation of facial nerve, nerve graft, and neck dissection
- Airway management-tracheostomy versus cricothyroidotomy, supraomohyoid neck dissection and modified radical neck dissection
Access surgery to maxillofacial skeleton
- Access to midface, lateral rhinotomy, and Weber Ferguson approach
- Access to the mandible
- Mandibulotomy and mandibular swing
Participants will be allowed to perform the same technique given below on human specimens. 2 participants will be working on each half of the anatomical specimens.